Ponytails are a great and trendy hairstyle that can be adorned at any occasion by anyone. Hair is one of the most important features of an individual’s personality. Styling your hair properly can enhance your features and personality instantly. Ponytail stylers enable you to get the perfect ponytail in just a few minutes.
Ponytails can be of many types— a sleek one, a slightly messy kind or two or three at a time. Ponytails are classic and glamorous hairstyles that can be worn almost everywhere - at home, at a party, at the gym, or even to workplaces. Ponytails take very less time to do and suit every hair color and hair texture. Ponytails are comfortable, and the hair looks organized and pretty. Ponytails are popular with almost all age groups and are worn by kids as well as older women. You can make a ponytail look cute by adding lots of funky clips and barrettes to your hair. Clasping the side hair up and away from the face also suits certain faces. You can use the ponytail styler to transform a simple pony tail easily and quickly. It is quick, efficient and adds significantly to your looks.
Firstly, you need to consider the length of your hair before making a ponytail. Usually medium length hair is best suited for ponytails, but you can also have long or short hair and wear a ponytail. Medium hair being neither too long nor too short is suitable for a variety of beautiful hairdos. Whether you want to make a bun, flow down, make a groovy ponytail or curl up the ends, the choices are many. Ponytails also look great with some volume of hair and bounce, so it can be a good idea to get a product that assists in adding extra shine and volume. Leaving the nape hair longer gives the opportunity to gel medium length hair into a short ponytail. Very short hair does not allow to be styled into ponytails.
Steps to be followed:
The time taken varies from 5 to 15 minutes. Depending upon experience you can reduce the time taken. The whole process is relatively easy; however you can be fiddly initially.
- The hair needs to be clasped into a ponytail and secured with a covered band.
- The ponytail styler is inserted and the ponytail is carefully threaded through the styler.
- The styler is now pulled down so that the pony tail can be pulled through.
- The pulling is continued till reaching the bottom end.
- The hair is then smoothened and the styler inserted again, repeating the above steps once more to give a neat and smooth loop.
Tips to perfect ponytail styling:
Here are some tips to be followed while styling your pony tails, follow them meticulously and you will have results that speak for themselves
- Use the ponytail styler on slightly damp hair for best results.
- It is recommended to use a heat-protecting product before styling the hair.
- You may choose to have a single ponytail in most cases.
- Decide where you want to part your hair or create a back style. Usually a side parting suits most face shapes, especially, if you do not have a fringe. Middle parting suits a fringe. You can also choose to smooth all the hair straight backwards for a no parting look.
- Select the styler carefully, the quality is important as well as the type.
- With layered hair, use the right moulding/ fixing product. This shall keep the hair secured in place and make it look longer.
- The hair needs to be cooled prior to dressing it into the ponytail.
- A fine mist applied at the time of finishing helps in holding the desired style.