Hair is considered to be the crowing glory of man. Our tresses speak about our personality. They help people understand who we are and contribute towards enhancing our personality instantly. A good hairstyle goes a long way in making us the centre of attention, whereas poorly styled or untidy hair makes us look dull and unwell. Hair is the most important fashion accessory we possess. It can be styled, braided, cut, colored, blown or crimpled.
Braiding is the intertwining of hair. It is also one of the oldest and most popular styling techniques. The most common braid style is the three stranded braid. There are many other braiding styles, some of them being easy, some being moderately easy and some requiring a lot of practice. A newer braiding technique called ‘Twist and Braid’ has become very popular these days. Everyone from pop stars, teens, celebrities, and models seems to be sporting it. We all style our hair to change our looks and enhance our personality. People braid their hair all the time in an attempt to make it look beautiful and unique. Braids can be done ourselves, or with the help of a friend. But for donning a tough braid you can always go to the salon and get it done with the help of a professional hair dresser.
The instructions for getting twist and braid are:
- Firstly, the hair has to be brushed after washing it. A center parting has to be made.
- Now, two small sections have to be taken from any side. (preferably the front) These sections have to be brushed again.
- The chosen sections have to be lifted up and then twisted together.
- Clip in the twists with a hair pin to secure them. These steps have to be repeated on the other side also.
- Next, the twisted sections have to be braided into a three stranded braid. For this, all that you need to do is take three equal strands, two of them being the twists. The twists have to be taken on the right and left side and a plain strand in the middle. These three strands have to be braided. The end has to be secured with a rubber band.
- These steps have to be repeated depending upon how many braids are needed.
- If there’s hair sticking up on the top of your head, use some hairspray or even water will do the trick.
Twist and braid is a hairstyle that can be achieved using long hair, medium hair and even on short hair. This hairstyle looks good on every hair color and hair texture. It is best to do this hairstyle on recently washed and wet hair. It is so because when the hair is wet, it twists much well than when it is dry, so the hairstyle looks better. Smaller hair sections will increase the number of twists you will have, and the style will be fuller. Keep in mind that short hair requires smaller sections because of its length that cannot support large twists.
If this is practiced on Afro hair, the twists will shorten and even swell after drying. If people with straight hair practice this hairstyle, the twists will eventually hang down and swing.
This hairstyle just takes five minutes to do. It is quite easy and improves with practice. A person with fringes or bangs will look hipper in this hairstyle.
If the hair is not wet, make sure that a little hairspray is sprayed on the hair to make it flat. To make your twists and braids look more attractive, you can always accessorize by adding all types of cute, glittery clips or fancy headbands, but remember not to overdo it.
These braids have one disadvantage – sometimes, the hair breaks easily. So, if you have weak hair, do not make very tight braids.
The best thing about this hairstyle is that when you will undo your twisted braids, you hair will get very curly hair that can be flaunted as a new hairstyle! So what are you waiting for? Go and get twists and braids now, if you want to look fashionable and glamorous!